Job description** Critical Data Centre Engineer – Hertfordshire**
Hours – Continental Shift Pattern
Our client who has built their reputation for over 40 years are looking for a Critical Data Centre Engineer to join their Reactive and Planned Maintenance Team on a Data Centre Site based in Hertfordshire. The successful candidate will be required to work a Days Monday to Friday and will be rewarded with a £Competitive salary.
As the new Critical Data Centre Engineer you will ensure all work activities carried out at the Data Center are in line with existing procedures and meet current standards. These activities will include, but not be limited to, assisting and supporting other Data Center Technicians in carrying out their duties, supporting internal teams when carrying out troubleshooting or installation work or responding to queries and supporting local and multinational companies in completing customer requests.
- DX Units
- High standard of planned preventative and reactive maintenance
- Proactive involvement in the on-going technical evaluation of all plant and equipment, suggestion of improvements where appropriate
- Perform planned preventative maintenance, statutory compliance tasks and reactive works investigations/repairs on, but not limited to, the Low & High Voltage electrical and Mechanical systems on site (dependent on skills development pathway)
- Assist in the service, test, diagnose and repair process control systems and automatic control devices related to the building services plant and equipment
- Working as directed to ensure timely completion of PPM’s and reactive work to SLA
- Identifying faults and accurately diagnosing root causes
- Monitoring and maintaining equipment performance to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the Data Centers
- Management of Site permit process
- Assisting with incident management and subsequent investigation to establish root cause
- Supporting the Shift Engineering Teams to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the Data Centers
- Ensuring the maintenance of accurate plant records, information and reporting systems
- Data Center reporting (power, fault lights, etc.)
- UPS system and associated control systems.
- Operation of HV systems (training and familiarisation with this system will be made available).
- City & Guilds Qualified Electrical Level 3.
- Experience in a similar environment ideally data centre/ Critical environment
- Good building services knowledge
- Excellent Client Facing
- 18th Edition certified or similar electrical qualification
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- First class Training
- Excellent People Culture
- Career Progression opportunities
- Private Healthcare