Job description**Defects Manager – Central London**
Location: Central London
Salary: £55K - £60K + Plenty of Overtime
Hours – Monday to Friday Days 8AM – 5PM
Our client is looking for a Defects Manager to join their team. Responsible for ensuring all potential defects are assessed and proven defects targets are met by the main contractor, working collaboratively across departments. Carry out inspections of reported latent defects to assess liability and coordinate the rectification of defects on properties.
My client is holding interviews ASAP!!
- To ensure that targets are met for performance and customer satisfaction.
- Technical assessment of the validity of potential defects, including in person inspection as required.
- Assessment of risk and cost.
- Instructing works, reviewing programme and leading on negotiations with contractors.
- Liaising with consultants, warranty providers, system and product manufacturers and suppliers.
- Act on behalf of the clients in the provision of exemplary customer service to the residents of properties with defects.
- Ensure that residents are fully satisfied with all the aspects of any remedial works and the customer service provided to them.
- Ensure all identified latent defects are professionally investigated, monitored and resolved promptly and effectively.
- Liaise closely with stakeholders to ensure prompt and appropriate action is taken to resolve defects within the agreed timescales.
- Record, manage and report on latent defect KPIs including quality of service, timescales, avoided costs, defect type ad performance of our consultants & contractors.
- Address key issues with contractors/consultants to ensure they are continually improving the service they provide and meet the clients Housing standards.
- Propose and implement service improvements.
- Review complaints and resolutions and ensure they meet the requirements of the clients
- Ensure the residents are satisfied with the service and keep them informed of progress on any ongoing works.
- Resolve latent defects and avoid complaints by having oversight and providing coordination at all stages of the latent defects process.
- Monitor response times of contractors to ensure they meet our requirements and are to the appropriate quality.
- Contribute constructively at Design Review Panel Meetings.
- Attend appointments outside of core hours if required.
- Evidence continuous improvement of processes and value for money.
- Leading to inspire and motivate others:
- Anticipate potential problems before they arise and provides a range of solutions.
- Make clear and reasoned decisions and recommendations when faced with novel or complex situations.
- Evidence of the ability to set and deliver targets within agreed parameters.
- Ability to create effective KPI and monitoring devices to ensure the high standards of the organisation are met by consultants.
- Ability to address poor performance with external consultants to ensure continuous improvement occurs.
- Ensuring commercial success
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- First class Training
- Congestion charge paid for
- Appraisal feedback monthly bonus
- Excellent People Culture
- Fantastic Progression opportunities
- Plus, Much More!!!!