Job description**Fabric Technician – Paddington - £30K - £36K**
Salary: £30K - £36K
Hours – Monday to Friday 8AM – 5PM
My client who has built their reputation for over 40 years are looking for a Fabric Technician to join their team based on a High End site in Paddington.
The successful candidate will be required to work on 5 Weeks of Monday to Friday 8AM – 5PM & 1 Week of nights and will be rewarded with a salary between £30K - £36K.
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance to building fabric in line with statutory requirements and best industry standards.
- Respond to day to day reactive calls logged on CAFM system.
- Plumbing - washers, taps, unblocking toilets, unblocking stacks, installing new sinks, urinals and toilets, pipework (copper or PVC)
- Carpentry - hanging doors, new locks, architrave, window frames, boxing in, assembling furniture
- Tiling - floors, walls, and Carpet tiles
- Manage own workload when it comes to reactive and PPM tasks issued, close jobs in a timely manner and keep the helpdesk and customers updated on the status of jobs. This includes all meeting room/event set ups, desk moves and more.
- Complete regular building inspections to identify any hazards and defects (not just fabric related), report these appropriately and rectify within a satisfactory timescale.
- Review and adhere to Method Statements and Risk Assessments for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices, completing dynamic Risk Assessments where required.
- Review subcontractor RAMS, issue permits, supervise subcontractors and monitor works to ensure compliance with contractual commitments, site operating procedures
- Ensure that the plant rooms and store rooms are kept locked, clean and tidy and all times and any defects or missing signage is reported.
- Ensure that site spares and supplies are ordered in a timely manner as and when required and stored in the appropriate place.
- Ensure that uniform and PPE is maintained to a reasonable standard and any concerns are highlighted to your manager as and when they arise.
- Take responsibility for any keys obtained and required as part of your duties, ensuring they are returned to the key tracker when not in use.
- Liaise with subcontractors to arrange call outs as and when required, ensuring consultation with the helpdesk team for any purchase orders.
- Complete all training in the required timeframe, both online and instructor led.
- Monitor your email account, ensuring that emails are responded to in a timely manner.
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- First class Training
- Excellent People Culture
- Career Progression opportunities
- Private Healthcare