Job description**Mechanical Shift Engineer – Canary Wharf - £43K**
Location: Canary Wharf
Salary: £43K + Plenty of Overtime
Hours – 4 ON 4 OFF (D&N 7AM-7PM)
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Shift Engineer to join their team on a Prestigious Site based in Canary Wharf. The candidate will be rewarded with a fantastic package including £43K salary, clear progression path, overtime, free parking on site, 12% pension, and career stability.
My client who was established 30 years ago, are specialists as a mechanical and electrical installation contractor and has grown to become an industry respected provider of specialist construction and engineering solutions and facilities management services for customers nationwide across a variety of sectors.
My client is holding interviews ASAP!!
- PPM Compliance – Ensure 100% PPM completion by month end.
- Reactive works compliance – assist in ensuring work orders are managed within SLA limits.
- Required to complete Mechanical tasks and any works as directed by shift leader or management.
- Reactive works: Pro actively action work orders which are assigned, and to proactively assist to help reduce volume and work order age.
- Assist with obtaining quotations and/or ordering of any parts required to maintain plant operation and/or system resilience.
- To ensure all site tools/equipment and keys inventory are properly looked after
- To follow all local processes and escalation procedures.
- Be familiarised with standard and emergency operating procedures.
- Duties to include fault finding on lighting and power circuits both 3 ph & single ph
- Fault finding on control panels, Variable speed drives.
- Undertake basic plumbing repairs including clearing blockages
- Ensure completion of all tasks within agreed SLA’s
- Ensure effective communication with the client and management team is maintained at all times.
- All work to be carried out with minimal disruption to the service and business operations.
- Operate as a team with other technicians by sharing expertise and experience to help resolve operational problems
- Complete and update EHS documentation as required including the completion of tool box talks,
- The above is a guide to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required
- To ensure that work orders both Reactive and planned are completed within agreed SLA’s
- Ensure any materials are requested /ordered in a timely manner
- Ensure all record keeping functions are completed on a Daily basis
- 2 years’ experience in Building Services industry
- C&G Pts. 1 & 2 or equivalent in Mechanical discipline
- Current Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation Regulations or equivalent Mechanical engineering qualification
- Apprenticeship served
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff, or difficult situation
- Pro-active in achieving the highest standard of operation
- Spares ordering
- Strong communication skills
- Must have experience in high pressure demanding environment
- Previous customer service experience.
- Must be able to Work at Height
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- 12% Pension Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- First class Training
- Excellent People Culture
- Fantastic Progression opportunities
- Plus, Much More!!!!