Job description**Mechanical Shift Engineer – East London - £42K**
Location: Eest London
Hours – Continental Days and Nights
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Shift Engineer to join their Banking Contract overseeing electrical PPMs and reactive maintenance as well as other general building services. The candidate will be rewarded with a fantastic package including £42K salary, clear progression path, overtime, pension and career stability.
With this company, it is common ground for them to offer clear routes for progression from within and supporting employees with aims for progression. These reasons and more should give you an understanding to why this company has the reputation it has for retaining staff. In return you will be well looked after by a traditional manager who values his workforce.
- Responding to any reactive and the planned maintenance to plant throughout the site.
- Monitoring the BMS and provide appropriate responses upon alarm activations.
- Ensure strong communication to the client and management team.
- Manage workload and distribute accordingly
- Be responsible for RAM’s, Toolbox Talks and make sure targets are met.
- Lead and help develop staff under your control and make sure sub-contractors are compliant.
- Carry out works in accordance with health and safety procedures
- All Mechanical and some Electrical work on the properties including lighting, wiring, testing, alarm systems, BMS, Comms rooms, UPS, and back-up generators and lighting systems.
- Being on a call out rota to cover out of hour's breakdown emergencies.
- Keeping on top of maintenance workload in line with the companies KPI's.
- Oversee specialist contractors including site induction where needed.
- Liaising with the clients on each side in a polite and professional manner.
- City and Guilds Mechanical Qualifications
- Any Healthcare experiences
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a small team of engineers.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off-site training
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- First class Training
- Career Progression opportunities
- Private Healthcare