Job descriptionTechnical Data Centre Manager – Hertfordshire - £80K
Hours – Monday to Friday Days
Our client is looking for a Technical Data Centre Manager to join their Data Centre Contract, who will be responsible for the day-to-day management and successful operation of the site. The scope includes Data Centre management, customer implementations, operational continuity, reporting and billing along with the day-to-day management of the Data Centre team and 3rd party contractors.
The candidate will be rewarded with a fantastic package including £80K salary, clear progression path, overtime, pension, bonuses, and career stability.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to all the staff within your facility, fostering a culture of passion and commitment for reliability and customer service. Enable your team members to achieve their objectives, and facilitate collaboration with other departments across the business. Ensure a pro active culture towards H&S is promoted and lead by example.
- Attract, develop, motivate and retain talent at your data center and across the business by playing a key role in recruitment, facilitating internal and external training, staff engagement activities, performance management and coaching.
- Take the lead in communications and relationships regarding your facility. Work with multiple senior level stakeholders within the Data Centre, with our customers and with our key suppliers to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction, including by attending periodic business review meetings.
- Manage all change within the facility: planned, unplanned and as part of wider projects.
- Work with all relevant staff and departments to accurately forecast resources required, and understand and communicate any potential impact to service or project delivery timescales.
- Be responsible for managing Health and Safety within a complex technical environment, including working with FM to manage the Permit to Work system for your facility, including permits for Live Working where required, reviewing Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), and enforcing Electrical Safe Systems of Work.
- Work closely with Facilities Management to ensure all technical documentation relating to your facility is complete and up to date, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Emergency Operating Procedures (EOPs), with a focus on accuracy, clarity and continual improvements. Ensure your facility and all related activities meet the necessary statutory requirements. Actively mitigate the risk of human error in all activities.
- Identify working inefficiencies and constantly drive productivity and quality metrics.
- Manage a substantial budget, and have financial control of all expenditure for your facilities through our ERP system. Undertake regular business planning reviews jointly with the Finance Department and other functions to set budget levels, including representation to Board level for funding requests.
- Ensure all service partners and specialist sub contactors/vendors adhere to strict service guidelines, and maintain the Service Level Agreement metrics required to support your facilities and our customers. Work with our central procurement team as required to ensure we get the very best from all our vendors.
- Act as the point of escalation for any issues on-site, and from time to time across the other facilities within the business, taking a leadership role, directing and managing teams through incidents. Participate in an on-call rota with your colleagues to provide out-of-hours coverage.
- Monitor and manage our ISO Management Systems as they relate to your facility, including Quality Management (ISO 9001), environmental sustainability (ISO 14001) and Information Security (ISO 27001). Ensure continuous improvement against the standards and represent your facility at any relevant internal and external audits.
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc service performance metrics of our key service delivery targets.
- Ensure all assets and systems are maintained to a standard set by our Critical Facilities Maintenance department to ensure reliability, statutory and mandatory compliance and business performance.
- Ensure all reactive break fix tasks are managed in a pro active manner to ensure the Data Centre and Customers’ expectations are met via pro active communication, management and leadership.
- Liaise closely with our Projects and Technical departments to ensure smooth handover and acceptance of projects whilst ensuring all relevant information is available to the operations department for example O&Ms, drawings, EOPs & SOPs and training delivered to enable operating and maintaining the facility.
- You will have multiple years of extensive management experience in operating complex data center facilities across all disciplines, ideally with specific relevant qualifications.
- You will have demonstrated an ability to work to short, medium and long-term deadlines, as well as being able to react quickly and change priorities to meet business and customer demands.
- Ability to effectively work within a large/matrix organisation and utilise excellent communication skills to engage with personnel at all levels.
- A strong knowledge of regulatory compliance, health and safety, and data security within a data center and environment
- A self-motivated individual who is resourceful, with the ability to build working relationships quickly and effectively. Above all, you will be a great leader with excellent organisational, influencing and strong interpersonal skills.
- You must have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to articulate complex problems in a clear and methodical way, and have experience dealing with difficult and multi-faceted problems
- Pro-active, responsive - able to prioritise and deal with intense moments of high activity using excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working through ambiguity, bringing clarity and control in a dynamic environment
- Possess a full driving licence valid for the UK
- Undergo full security checks to BS7858:2019