Job descriptionWater Treatment Engineer – The City of London - £37K
Location: The City of London
Hours – Monday to Friday 8AM – 5PM
Our client is looking for a Water Treatment Engineer to join their prestigious building in Bishopsgate carrying out remedial works in response to safety audits as well as other Water Treatment duties. The Water Treatment Engineer will be rewarded with a fantastic package including £37K salary, clear progression path, overtime, pension, overtime, and career stability.
With this company, it is common ground for them to offer clear routes for progression from within and supporting employees with aims for progression. These reasons and more should give you an understanding to why this company has the reputation it has for retaining staff. In return you will be well looked after by a traditional manager who values his workforce.
- Carryout remedial works in response to safety audits
- Carry out PPM service visits using appropriate tools and systems.
- Ensure all site L8 logbooks, acting as the primary Technician are in date and accurate.
- Taking samples for Bacteria (i.e. Legionella, Pseudomonas)
- Carrying out PH Tests
- Testing Heating systems, chilled systems (closed systems)
- Take overall responsibility of softener levels, testing, operation and reporting.
- Manage salt levels and water softener daily while reporting any defects on system.
- Undertake daily inspection of break tank while reporting any defects on system.
- Sentinel temperature checking of hot and cold taps.
- Take overall responsibility of cooling towers testing, operation and reporting.
- Complete daily plant check on towers while reporting any defects on system.
- Undertake daily inspections and bromine testing & report in logbook.
- Daily review TDS levels and system alarms while reporting any defects on system.
- Support Helpdesk with allocating calls to the correct engineers for your sites
- Periodically review planners.
- Ensure availability of resources for designated contracts.
- Make and document any PPM changes / variations.
- Institution of Occupation Safety and Health – IOSH Certificate
- The Water Management Society – Member
- Royal Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineers – Member
- City & Guilds – Legionella Water Risk Assessments in building water systems
- City & Guilds – Management and Maintenance of Hydrotherapy and swimming pools
- City & Guilds – Legionellosis, cooling towers operators and air conditioning
- City & Guilds – Water Regulations 1999
- City & Guilds – Plumbing Craft.
- Must be self-motivated and be a team player
- Good knowledge of all aspects of Health and Safety