Job descriptionPRS are currently recruiting for BMS engineer for a prestigious site in Euston London. The shift pattern for this role will be 2 days on and 2 nights off ( 08.00-20.00 & 20.00-08.00). The salary for this role is between £38,000-40,000 depending on experience.
Purpose of the job;
- To ensure all environmental conditions are maintained at all times on the BMS system with regard to critical building systems.
- To identify, investigate/Rectify and know when to escalate any alarm that cannot be cleared through the correct channels.
- To assist in Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site (controlling BMS changeovers/isolations).
- Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of Building services with an electrical background, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
Main Duties and Responsibilties
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- Monitor the BMS systems on the site and identify critical alarms that would impact the operation of the site and react accordingly in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment.
- Ensure up to date shift logs are kept at all times
- To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
- To remain on site until relieved by incoming shift, or as otherwise agreed by the account management team.
- To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
- To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
- Formally trained in electrical/mechanical / BMS Knowledge.
- Recognised Health and Safety Qualification, such as IOSH
- Experience of BMS systems / operating & monitoring.
- Experience of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria.
- Good all round knowledge of building services systems, diagnostic and repair procedures