Job descriptionAre you a lead engineer looking for the next step in their career?
PRS currently have an exciting opportunity for a Building Services Supervisor to join a commercial static site in Southampton.
This role would be suited to an ambitious engineer to join a company who invest in staff development and training.
As a Building Services Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the efficient and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the sites M&E Plant and Equipment and Fabric Services
- Management of the CAFM System to ensure staff’s performance and monitor service delivery
- Manage, organise and if necessary assist in reactive repairs to the sites M&E systems
- Prioritising and delegating reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to the area team ensuring optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices.
- Ensure a customer focus within all areas of operational activities and maintain effective relationships with key client contacts.
- First line supervision of Specialist Service Contractors, including permits, induction and signing off and actioning minor works listed on service report sheets in conjunction with the Contract Manager.
- Formulating, Assessing and Validating Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Ensure the Client, Customer and Team are ‘kept in the loop’ through feedback and regular updates
- Monthly meetings to be held with client to discuss contract performance
- Monthly team meetings to be held with onsite team, including toolbox talks
- Arrange training of maintenance team to ensure that staff are competent to undertake works
- Issue of quotations to client when required via Webquote
- Accessible for out of hours queries / phone calls to assist building operation
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical or Multi-Skilled)
- Excellent working knowledge of BMS systems
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding of building fabric
- Good communicator
- Excellent customer service skills
- Use and Knowledge of MS Applications
The Building Services Supervisor will work Monday – Friday between the hours of 08:00 – 17:00.
In return, you will be paid a basic salary of up to £34,000 depending on experience.