Job descriptionAn opportunity has become available for an experienced Combustion Gas & Heating Engineer with a distinct knowledge within steam boilers on a large static site in South Oxfordshire, Oxford area.
The role of the Combustion Steam Engineer will be to work as part of the maintenance team to manage the maintenance of the steam boilers and other gas appliances on site. Carrying out engineering maintenance service activities and ensuring maximum operational effectiveness, through the introduction of new systems and procedures which will improve the reliability and energy efficiency of the site in line with current health & safety legislation
Duties for the Heating & Combustion Engineer will include:
· Ensure the safe operation and availability of the HTHW (steam) boilers onsite in line with all current legislation and company compliance
· Ensure the safe operation and availability of the MTHW boilers onsite in line with all current legislation and company compliance
· Ensure the safe operation and availability of the LTHW boilers onsite in line with all current legislation and company compliance
· Complete documented records of safety procedures for steam boilers including blow downs, water condition and water softening
· Diagnose and rectify minor faults with the equipment that you have been trained to carry out
· Ensure all chemicals are managed and controlled in line with all current COSHH requirements and relevant safety data
· Responsibility for control of Contractors working on or around the boiler house and other LTHW Boilers and plant around the site.
Essential Qualifications & Requirements include
· Be able to get to attend site within 1 hour when on call
· Certified Industrial Boiler Operator (CertiBO)
· Boiler Operations Accreditation Scheme (BOAS)
· Extensive experience of working with industrial steam boilers
· Formal Mechanical Training / Qualification