Job descriptionTechnical Author
Berkshire or Hertfordshire
£40,000 to £45,000
Our client is a leading M&E Engineering contractor operating on a large number of contracts nationwide. They have a vacancy for a Technical Author to join the team to be based out of Berks or Herts, and working on critical engineering contracts.
The role of Technical Author will involve writing documentation and policy on the mechanical and electrical infrastructure of the sites and creating and controlling the documents for the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP) in accordance with the maintenance contract.
We require someone with a high level of technical knowledge to formulate the SOPs, who has excellent levels of written communication. A thorough and methodical process will need to implement to create, store and manage the documents and processes, and to update accordingly.
Duties of the role include:
· The creation, storage and control of written documents
· Creating a standardised format for future documents to adhere to
· Working with the engineering team to compile technical documents for the SOPs of the works
· Reviewing and updating existing documents and specifications to meet the end users’ requirements
· Create SOPs based on existing RAMS, risk assessments and H&S policies to ensure works are carried out correctly
· To be well versed in Mechanical and Electrical terminology and create effective documents to meet requirements
· Implement the use of designs, drawings and photographs of existing infrastructure to provide clarity of report
· To review and rewrite where required the O&M Manuals, design and functional specs, and existing Technical Files.
The successful candidate will ideally have
· Experience of similar technical writing
· Experience of working within a Mechanical and Electrical environment
· Have the ability to extract and understand complex technical information and communicate this information to engineers and clients
If you are interested in this role, please send through your CV and I will be in touch.