Job descriptionTechnical Engineering Manager – City of London - £67K
Location: City of London
Hours – Monday to Friday Days 8AM – 5PM
An excellent opportunity has arisen with one of my clients who are looking for an Engineering Manager on a Critical Site based in City of London. The Engineering Manager will have a strong mechanical and electrical background and spend approximately 20% of their time writing or reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Emergency Operating Procedures (EOPs) for use in maintenance work on business-critical infrastructure. Most importantly, the Engineering Manager will own the implementation, standardisation and ongoing ownership of the local Critical Environments Program.
Duties will include:
- Provide leadership, and that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender.
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated and implemented within the contract.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both the client and subcontractors’ activities and are regularly review.
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Working with other Operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective team working, and support to colleagues.
- Support the UKI Engineering Manager to develop contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
- Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Ensuring customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and those effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
- Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
- Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning. Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and are able to reach their full future potential.
- Provide innovative solutions to improve building, plant and system energy efficiency.
- They must be flexible in their attitude to work from both a skills diversification and a willingness to work overtime out of their NWH standpoint.
- Recognised apprenticeship, ONC / BTEC Electrical/Mechanical engineering or equivalent discipline or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of attainment.
- HV switching and Safe Systems of Work experience / appointed Authorised Person Electrical / Mechanical
- Five years’ experience in data centre operations, maintenance, and engineering supporting Tier 3 or greater critical facilities operations
- Proven experience and involvement business critical engineering systems.
- Experience in HV operations.
- Worked within a client contract environment requiring specific KPI performance measures
- Minimum five years’ experience managing a team
- Practical experience in working with supply partners to deliver a seamless, integrated service
- Customer services experience and the ability to communicate at all levels