Job descriptionWe are recruiting for a hard services biased Facilities Manager with excellent M&E technical knowledge to work on a prestigious multi-site estate in the Manchester area. The position is to ensure the delivery of Building Services and Tech FM to each site and their respective compliance requirements. The position is a permanent role paying circa 45-50k basic, Mon-Fri circa 40 hours/week. Travel between facilities paid and expensed.
- Delivery of hard services including ‘front line’ repair and/or establishment of reactive M&E requirements and site / desk checking of service partner works.
- Ensure that all aspects of service outputs are delivered to comply with the contract, statutory legislation and good working practice at all times to ensure that H&S management obligations are not compromised in respect of the delivery of all Hard FM services
- Ensure that works are delivered in a timely manner to avoid deductions, along with effectively managing in-house and outsourced resources to deliver hard services.
- Ensure that all works are undertaken by the most cost-effective manner using either self-delivery or suppliers.
- There will be occasions to be hands-on and working alongside the engineers on the tools.
- Manage Service Partners and suppliers in conjunction with contract documents and client requirements.
- Encourage, motivate & develop site-based teams, monitor progress, undertake performance reviews.
- Achieve and improve KPI objectives for the contract organisations and internal service provision assigned to carry out duties, this will include that all contractual self-monitoring audits are completed to an agreed standard by Facilities Managers and Site Teams.
- Quality and performance management of all services including monthly performance reporting, both internally and externally, and maintenance of the site document registry.
- Maintain Hard FM management systems for site-based operations to ensure that jobs are appropriately logged and reported.
- Assisting with resourcing and managing project works including, but not limited to, equipment upgrades and building and M&E asset replacements.
- Ensure the cultivation of innovation and best practice
- Overall responsibility for the operation of the Permit to Work system and hold the role of AP where required.
- Collection and provision of data related to all Technical Services operations
- Ensure engineers training is up-to-date and carry out regular tool-box talks to promote and maintain safety within the workplace
- Qualified at Degree level in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/Building Services
- ONC/HNC electrical / mechanical qualification or equivalent
- Completed recognised apprenticeship
- Demonstrated previous experience of management of Hard FM / Technical Services Contracts
- The ability to influence change where required, along with customer facing attitude and excellent team building / people management skills
- Have experience in coaching and influence teams
- Services management experience of people and commercial issues
- Good communication skills with the mental agility to ‘think on feet’ and provide convincing practical solutions
- Strong analytical skills with a strong bias towards P&L financial management
- Intelligent approach to performance monitoring including relevant experience
- Well-developed co-ordination skills
- Proficient IT skills, including Excel, Word & Microsoft office, and use of CAFM systems and PDAs.
- Experience of working to ISO 9001 quality system
- Participate in out of hours on call and overtime when required
- Hold a driving license
- Preferably IOSH Qualified
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.