Job descriptionTechnical Services Manager
Managing Agent Client
London & Home Counties
£60,000 + £4,000 Travel Allowance
PRS are working with a prestigious international Managing Agent in their recruitment for a Technical Services Manager to support their Building Management operations. In the role of TSM you will work alongside the Building Management team providing M&E Technical advice and management, undertaking Asset reviews and surveys, and developing the PPM and Project Management plans.
The portfolio of properties spans Central London and the Home Counties, and includes commercial offices, retail and high-end residential. This role will deliver technical sustainability support to a multi-site, multi-client basis as well as leading on the development and implementation of engineering services sustainability and energy performance management services as well as the agreed service, scope,
The successful candidate will prepare monitor and execute the agreed deliverables on time and within the agreed parameters and support the business, review & manage sustainability and environmental impacts and deliver on business development nationally.
- Complete engineering energy management site surveys & audit reports.
- Develop and complete engineering services sustainability and energy performance management services
- Manage the agreed forecasts and personal financial targets.
- Manage internal and external relationships including Client, C&W, local authorities, service providers and statutory bodies.
- Establish ‘value for money’ strategies for delivering the technical sustainability management service.
- Provide technical sustainability support & advice to the Asset services team Nationally.
- Undertake developing, managing and delivering sustainability, energy performance and wellness projects (BREEAM in use, WELL, NABERS, Fitwel ,RESET Air and WELL)
- Review CIBSE, industry guidelines and utilities regulations providing guidance and support to C&W asset services and clients, when change impacts the managed portfolio.
- Review and manage engineering business risk.
- Business development of the sustainability offering.
- Support presentations to clients and colleagues as necessary
- Manage relationships internal/external.
- Provide technical sustainability and wellness support to the Asset services team and client base.
- Support presentations to the Asset services team and client base.
- Deliver value for money sustainability and wellness services related to building services engineering.
- Deliver personal financial targets to the defined service levels, on time.
- Establish and maintain external contacts with statutory authorities and other groups and associations applicable and beneficial to the services provided.
- Co-ordinate the production of performance reports, carry out analysis of the results and take appropriate action to ensure continuous improvement is achieved.
- Provide team update/training in relation to building services.
- Reporting to line management on agreed basis and subjects.
- Staff development.
- Personal financial targets.
- Managing all aspects of MEP delivery to property portfolio.
- Service providers and C&W achieve contracted SLAs and KPIs.
- Produce, manage and report on budgets, accurately, within agreed forecast and in a timely manner.
- Understand service recovery process.
- All Health and Safety matters effectively managed.
- Client satisfaction.
- Tenant satisfaction.
- Meet personal annual objectives agreed with Line Manager.
- Appropriate Engineering degree and/or HND/HNC qualification.
- Professional body membership
- Current UK Driving License.
- Self Motivated
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Commercial awareness from experience and/or qualification.
- Experience of new build development through to management (construction site experience an advantage).
- Good working knowledge/understanding of building operating systems (mechanical, electrical, controls and fire/health and safety).
- Good Written Communication Skills & attention to detail.
- Cost control, variance and forecasting reporting.
- IT skills inc. Word, Excel to intermediate level.
- Knowledge of Output Specifications.
- Management of Performance based contracts.
- Defects / warranty management.
- CIBSE & HVCA guidelines