Job descriptionTechnical Shift Managers x 3– Critical environments, Manufacturing, production, X Forces, Airports, Pharmaceutical, data centres background
Our customer who specialise in Data Centres are the UK’s fastest growing data centre provider which owns, designs, builds and operates the country’s most efficient and flexible data centres. With Massive Growth and expansion programmed for 2021.
Continuously looking for the next super star, they are looking to employ intelligent thinkers, enthusiastic and positive people with can do attitudes, focused on internal excellence and customer satisfaction encourage teamwork and togetherness because collective experience and expertise is their greatest strength.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Technical Shift Manager will support the site team on all technical plant aspects, coordinating PPM and break/fixes working between the DCM and the subcontracted Facilities team
· Data Centre management or Equivalent background knowledge
· working closely with new and existing customers,
· operational continuity and the management of service delivery on the sites/campus through our specialist subcontractor who undertakes M&E and ICT tasks.
· Witness all critical works on site
· Management of M&E tasks to ensure service delivery meets expectations.
· Support the Data Centre Manager on customer requirements, drawings, pricing and implementations.
· Assist in scenario testing and training for the site teams.
· Proactively drive data centre infrastructure efficiencies.
· Provide oversight of method statements, risk assessments and permit approvals.
· Maintaining zero customer down time including any breaches to contractual SLA’s and KPI’s.
· Work closely with the Service Management Centre (SMC) on the change control process, that customer communications and fault updates are being accurately reported and managed.
· Breakdown Post Incident Reviews gauge a full understanding of the ticket and put in place a resolution, so the incident does not reoccur.
· Responsible for managing and escalating any potential customer affecting issues.
· Assisting in the measurement and tracking of KPI’s and awareness of customers’ SLA’s.
· Validating all PPM’s are completed on time, managing any faults or advisories that have been reported are logged and tracked through to completion.
· Assisting in the creation of 30, 60, 90-day forward maintenance planners.
· Maximo CAFM system
· Work closely with the Technical/Operations team on various weekly and monthly site reports.
· Quality updates for the daily call and attendance at weekly/monthly service review, maintenance and construction meetings.
· Extensive experience in a Data Centre or critical Facilities Management role.
· Strong and demonstrable process management experience in a live operational environment.
· Extensive real time Incident/fault management experience in a business-critical environment.
· Experience with business continuity, risk management, incident management and change control.
· Mechanical/Electrical background.
· Good understanding of Health and Safety, ISO standards, and compliance.
· BMS, PMS, fire systems.
· Customer ticket logging systems.
· Customer service focused.
· Flexible, adaptable and innovative.
· Great team player and leader
· Takes ownership and accountability.
· Tenacious and assertive where necessary yet calm under pressure.
· A strong sense of urgency to drive issues to conclusion.
· Good communication skills (written and spoken).
· £62,500 Basic Salary
· Overtime between £10- 20K annually
· Private healthcare.
· Critical illness and life assurance.
· Pension contribution scheme.
· Discretionary bonus – 10 %