Job descriptionTitle: Receptionist
Hours: 08:00- 17:00 Monday- Friday
Location: Hitchin SG5 2DX
Duration: 29th- 31st December, 08:00- 17:00 (finish 1hr early on 31st which will be paid for)
- Greeting visitors ensuring all names and details are logged and recorded in the visitor’s book on reception and notifying the appropriate member of staff.
- To project a professional and positive image at all times to both internal and external customers.
- To assist with the distribution of incoming faxes, particularly those marked urgent, and notification to relevant person on receipt to reception.
- To provide back up cover for the Post Room in periods of absence or sickness.
- To assist with meeting room bookings, ordering refreshments and making tea and coffee, when required.
- To oversee the buildings archive storage room and ensure it is kept tidy. To oversee the buildings archive log and liaise with departments to ensure archiving is carried out on a regular basis.
- To provide back-up administration support as and when required.
- To operate a clear desk policy and be responsible for general tidiness and housekeeping within the Reception area.
- To carry out as requested any other office duties, which are normal custom and practice.