Job descriptionTechnical Manager – UK Wide
FM Building Services
£60,000 to £70,000
PRS are pleased to be working alongside a national TFM service provider in their recruitment for a Technical Manager to work on accounts UK wide. In the role of Technical Manager you will be supporting the technical managers to deliver the Hard FM Services to a number of contracts and accounts, and to ensure the full levels of technical compliance and engineering standards. This is a predominantly work from home role that will involve UK wide travel.
Our client is looking to strengthen their management team with an UK Technical Manager (Electrical and Mechanical) to be the focal point and set the requirements for the organisation’s electrical and mechanical systems safety, compliance, and technical management.
- Undertaking the roles and responsibilities of the Authorising Engineer as set out in the:
- Electrical Safety Rules (ESR) - Reference document fm-swp-18.
- The Boilers and Pressure Systems Safety Rules (B&PS-SR) – Reference document fm-swp-19
- NHS Estate - S/HTM 06-02 and 06-03 (as required)
- Take ownership, authorisation, development, implementation, administration, and monitoring of the ESR and B&PS-SR.
• Maintenance of the ESR, B&PS-SR and working practices to ensure compliance with legislative, regulatory, or other requirements.
• Ensuring that any amendments to the ESR and B&PS-SR are brought to the attention of, and are understood by, operations management, all Authorised Persons (AP), Responsible Persons (RP) and Mobile Engineers / Technicians.
• Maintaining the identity and importance of the ESR and B&PS-SR within the wider business.
• Undertaking annual audits of all appointed Authorised Persons.
• Develop and implement an audit process to monitor the standards and performance of electrical and mechanical compliance requirements within operations
• Be the focal point for the operations teams in matters of electrical and mechanical safety and compliance and provide them with technical support and guidance
• Working with procurement staff to assist in the vetting of supply chain partners.
• Supporting operations management in the recruitment process for electrical and mechanical system Engineers / Technicians
• Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders for related SSOW’s including Medical Gasses and Confined Spaces.
• Monitoring, developing and / or assisting in the electrical and mechanical training for AP, RP, and Mobile Engineers / Technicians.
• Supporting operations management in areas of quality management including assisting in client technical questionnaires and maintaining related Company certification and membership requirements e.g., NICEIC.
Who are we looking for?
Ideally the UK Technical Manager should have:
- Degree qualified in a suitable engineering discipline
• A registered Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer
• An electrical and mechanical building services engineer / manager
• An AE (Electrical and / or Mechanical) who has ideally worked on the MOD or NHS Estate
• A member of a recognised engineering institute e.g., CIBSE
• Attended appropriate AE and AP training courses in the last 3 years
• Lead auditor trained
• Experienced in using MS Office