Job descriptionTitle: Waste Supervisor
Hours: 8am- 4pm Monday- Friday (Flexibility required)
Location: Bristol, BS34
Duration: Temp- Perm
- To supervise and act as a direct report to Management team, also to manage and oversee a team of 5 Waste Operatives and a day shift team leader– ensuring daily tasks are executed effectively and corrected when required.
- Specific training will be given to enable the Supervisor to train the Waste Operatives and Team Leader to carry out checks etc on the Baler/Compactors/ Fork Lift trucks etc.
- Supervise waste operations & waste operatives to ensure that they carry out tasks in accordance with operational procedures and policies.
- Maintain site records, re ordering containers etc. receiving deliveries and collection of skips/trailers/ containers which must be loaded logically and safely, strictly adhering to and enforcing health and safety rules.
- Carry out some administrative duties using site computer to communicate with waste management team/contractors/suppliers via phone and e-mail.
- Maintain and continually review all processes and systems currently in place and to assist with any proposals for improvements required.
- Deal with emergent situations in a calm but directive manner
- Deal with problems and prevent future reoccurrence using proactive management skills
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner and that all potential risks are assessed and controlled.
- Aid in the development of waste management methods within a changing market, aiming for increased waste segregation and recycling.
- Maintain waste management equipment (balers/compactors etc.) & train new starters to ensure they adhere to standard operating procedures.
- General engineering tasks to assist site engineering department.
Qualifications and Skills
- Plant equipment, health and safety and supervisory training certificates whether in construction or waste management would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided to the right candidate.
- This position is a varied and changing role so would suit a keen enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude but must also be prepared to work as part of a team if required.
- Experience of operating & maintaining waste equipment such as balers/compactors/ Counter Balance/ Reach Trucks.