JOB TITLE: Multi-skilled water hygiene/compliance tech
LOCATION: Brent Cross
HOURS OF WORK: Mon-Fri 08:00 – 17:00
REPORTING TO: Contract Manager
Main purpose of the role:
The Water Hygiene engineer will be responsible in helping to deliver reactive and planned maintenance works, upon the BXSC Account. The delivery of these works, will be through the utilisation of core skills and competencies of the individual engineer, with those tasks raised aligned to the skillset available. As part of the role, there will be core duties to help service, maintain and repair water services to HSG274, across the site. This will be alongside other general duties, such as escorting sub-contractors, compliance PPM`s. It will be the Water Hygiene engineer’s key responsibility, to ensure that the work assigned to them via the contract support/helpdesk function, is undertaken within the SLA or updated swiftly if a contractor is required.
The water hygiene engineer will be accountable for the works assigned to them, and it is their duty to undertake all tasks using the PDA correctly and in real time. They will also ensure that they adhere to all RAMS and SSOW, provided by the client. The role holder, will be the first image of our client, and must at all times present our client in a good light, through great customer service and effective communication.
• Service and inspection of all wet system services, aligning to the requirements of HSG274 and the control legionella bacteria in water systems. These duties, will include but are not limited to – Temperature monitoring, water sampling, TMV failsafe and associated maintenance, CWST inspections and disinfections, system flushing and showerhead maintenance.
• Ensuring that all water hygiene requirements of the campus are met, through the successful delivery and compliance to HSG274.
• Undertaking remedial actions, to all maintenance activities that lay outside of the control of bacteria requirements, ensuring that these remedial actions are recorded and completed and bringing the system back to compliant state
• Undertaking a lead role within the engineering team, as a technical expert for all water hygiene issues, to help ensure that the compliance obligations of the campus are achieved or escalated to the relevant duty holder and responsible person.
• Responsibility for all works assigned to them through CAFM, being accountable for the attendance to each task within the SLA and providing any updates in a swift/concise manner, where tasks cannot be completed.
• Effectively communicate to the respective team leader and Supervisor, on any tasks that may have a critical or business impact to either ABM or BX
• Utilisation of the mobile working device (PDA), ensuring that all times are captured correctly for each task, alongside providing detailed notes in the comments section
• To act as an escort/guide/supervisor for any contractors coming to site, and on behalf the management team
• Provision of quotes, with all costs for materials, being provided to the Tech Co-ordinator, ready for submission/approval.
• Ensure that all maintenance tasks that are carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems, meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
• Provision of support, to the Team Leader or other management team members, or in his absence help support in the deputising for the team leader
• Carry out fault identification/rectification and escalation when required on fabric issues, electrical systems, heating, ventilation and air conditioning issues.
• Effective materials management, and helping support the team leader, in managing and maintaining stock levels within the stores
• Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
• Physical Fitness, with the ability to lift 20kg through manual handling
• A high level of initiative, in ensuring that proactive maintenance is undertaken or supported
• A smart presentable uniformed appearance, with presenting ABM in a professional manner
• Advanced communication skills with a full understanding of customer needs & expectations
• Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
· Current driving licence
· Self-Starter and able to manage your own time
· Highly motivated individual
· Excellent communicator
· Excellent punctuality and timekeeping
· Legionella/water management background, holding current legionella certification