Job descriptionAs our new Water Treatment Technician, you will join the Critical Facilities Maintenance Team at our Data Center in Dagenham.
- Contributing to the success of the TechOps (FM) operational engineering team.
- Responsible for daily self-delivered water treatment hygiene tasks.
- Responsible for the oversight of specialist water treatment hygiene delivery. Ensuring that all and any statutory, duty holder, and contractual deliverables are achieved within SLA.
- Responsible for authoring and the oversight of mechanical MOP/SOP/EOP regardless of source.
- Responsible for ensuring that all and any relevant RAMS are provided by specialist water treatment hygiene specialist vendor/s and these are suitable and sufficient.
- Act as specialist water treatment hygiene technical expert.
- Act as a specialist water treatment hygiene competent person (CP).
- Responsible for ensuring specialist water treatment hygiene logbooks are maintained and subject to regular audit (minimum of 4 times a year).
- Assisting with commissioning and witnessing of existing infrastructure upgrades and enhancements; this could include new facilities.
- Deliver in-house training to operational colleagues to increase awareness and competencies in respect of specialist water treatment hygiene requirements.
- Support to minimise “Human Error” aspects of all mechanical operations, where it be a physical optimisation to equipment, or robust technical training, or clear procedure documentation
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of water hygiene treatment regimes in line with L8/HSG274 (Essential).
- HNC level attainment of a relevant specialist water treatment hygiene qualification (Desirable).
- IOSH – Working Safely (Desirable).
- Experience in specialist water treatment hygiene systems.
- General understanding of Data Center water systems systems and building services, including cooling towers and adiabatic cooling systems.
- Good numerical and literacy skills and high levels of computer literacy.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Good analytical/ problem solving skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good relationship building.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to develop.
- Keen to share knowledge with colleagues.
- To possess initiative with an inquisitive nature, unafraid to ask appropriate questions and challenge requests when other options could be more effective.
- To possess a clean full driving licence valid for use in the UK.
- To undergo full security checks to BS7858:2019