Job descriptionWe are recruiting for a multi-skilled Electrical or Mechanical shift engineer to join a maintenance team of a prestigious industrial facility in the Bristol area.
The role will involve the maintenance and upkeep of all production and manufacturing equipment within the site.
The role is a permanent position
Shift pattern to be confirmed, will include day shifts and night shift positions
Job Title: Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Day/back shift Engineer: £48k (including shift allowance) plus overtime
Night shift engineer: £53k (including shift allowance) plus overtime
The successful candidate will provide a professional service to our clients working on a varied selection of Mechanical and Electrical systems including maintenance of process factory plant, CNC machinery, tooling equipment fault finding and diagnostics, PPMs & Reactive works
FMCG, CNC Machines, Tooling machines, conveyor systems, rollers, controls, production plant etc.
The role will cover electrical and mechanical aspects (depending on your bias - although some overlap will be needed).
Basic PLC work and operation
Electrical systems and power units
· Maintaining machine tool axes including linear guides / rails, motors, gearboxes, lead screws, bearings
· Maintaining machine guarding both internally and externally
· Maintaining hydraulic and pneumatic systems including counter balance circuits, hydraulic
clamping, hydraulic motors, rams, cylinders
· Checking and topping up various oils
· Fault finding & diagnostics on complex Machine tools/plant
· Diagnosing faults on rails, gearboxes etc
· Checking and correction of machine alignments, by clocking bars, datum holes and slip gauges, laser alignments, ball bar tests
· Correction by changing parameters in CNC. control, testing with machine cuts/machine cycles
· Maintaining associated plant such as swarf conveyors, coolant systems, centrifuges, cranes,
presses, ovens, pipe benders etc
· Inputting of job records
· Work with sub contractors when required
-Engineering/Technicians Qualifications (HNC, LVL 3)
-Previous Experience with maintenance of production, process and factory plant
· Knowledge of machine tools electrically
· Knowledge of machine parameters and diagnostics
· Running calibration programs
· Disconnecting pumps & motors
· Resetting trip & fuses
· Practice lower level skills underpinning maintenance activities. Including cleaning, driving, rigging, slinging & assisting with out of trade activity
· Demonstrate improvements to plant reliability and availability
· Compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities
· Reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the company’s procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions
· Maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work area(s)
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.