The Building Services Engineer will form an integral part of the multi-disciplinary engineering team who will provide expertise and accountability for the maintenance and operational requirements of The CLIENT. Working on a shift basis the engineer will also provide key support to Arena events and undertake planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across The CLIENT site.
The engineer will be suitably qualified and experienced in the FM Mechanical Services / HVAC sector.
- Ensure all assigned maintenance tasks are carried out skilfully, effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Provide primary support for events taking place within and external to The CLIENT on a rota / shift basis.
- To oversee sub-contractors as appropriate / requested (including facilitating access and permit issues).
- Ensure H&S records and reports are completed and updated for all work carried out.
- Providing expertise and accountability for the maintenance of The CLIENT.
- Provide emergency Call Out cover on a rota basis.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance across all facilities of The CLIENT site as directed.
- Provide ‘First Line Primary Support' for functions and events taking place at The CLIENT.
- Attend to reactive Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical tasks.
- Provide and participate in providing a 24/7 call out facility (rota based).
- Complete all maintenance reports on completion of works via the CMMS.
- Operate the site wide BMS [Building Management System] including setting time schedules, plant operation and control functions.
- Monitor and review energy usage with an objective of reducing consumption across The CLIENT site.
- Diagnosis and rectification of Mechanical and Electrical faults safely, communicate clearly to Supervisors / Management as appropriate..
- Undertake conditioned based maintenance
- Carry out routine plant log & load readings where requested.
- Provide a clear level of understanding of operational and emergency procedures, including full site familiarity
- Undertake routine small works installations
- Support attending sub-contractors including access and permit requirements, ensuring complete compliance with risk assessment and method statement.. Provide on site engineering point of contact and control for work being carried out.
- Ensure operational procedures are in place and regularly updated to facilitate safe routine operations in accordance with health & safety statutory legislation
- Assist in developing and maintaining effective teamwork within all departments and offices of AEG.
- Provide and promote the highest level of customer service.
- Continuously seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance.
- Ensure that you comply with all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practice as required by current legislation and the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and practices.
- Ensure that all relevant information is communicated speedily and accurately in a way that ensures that the information is received and easily understood.
- Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable request as requested by the Supervisor and any member of the senior management team.
- Due to the nature of the working environment, there will be a significant requirement for working at height.
- Suitably qualified and experienced in the operation and control of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems including chillers, cooling towers, water treatment, heating systems, Sprinkler Systems, building management control systems
- An NVQ or City and Guilds in an HVAC-related field or equivalent operational experience in a similar ‘high profile’ environment with a proven track record is therefore required.
- Excellent problem solving skills, technical ability and associated IT knowledge.
- A thorough understanding of HVAC plant, equipment and their workings.
- A thorough understanding of BMS (Building Management System), ability to operate, interpret, interrogate, and diagnose trouble points.
- Operational Knowledge of Evaporative Cooling Towers, including Water Treatment to L8.
- A positive and dynamic approach to building services with a willingness to find new ways of working, understanding and delivering against all maintenance issues.
- A proven track record in Building Services Facility Maintenance
- Subject to driving licence status - site buggy / van driving when necessary.
- A high degree of self-motivation with good communication skills across all levels.
- Able to work under pressure to clearly defined goals with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment.
- A commitment to delivering the best