Job descriptionFacilities Infrastructure Technical Projects Engineer ( Engineering Manager) - East London
52,000 + Overtime + Career Development +
An opportunity has arisen to work for one of the UK's leading building services organisation.
Great career progression into project management opportunities. If you are looking boost your career to the next level then this is an amazing opportunity to take hold of now.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure a no risk to operations approach is maintained on site for the duration of any FI and CPM project activities within the period of engagement stated above
- Ensure the quality of installation of Clients equipment/systems meet the design criteria laid down in the Project specifications and drawings
- Ensure all FI and CPM project commissioning is witnessed and signed off by the agreed sign off stakeholders
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in matters related to the existing site(s) technical engineering infrastructure providing data for CS and the Project Design Teams in all matters relating to existing asset/system connectivity, location, designed and installed capacity, operational restrictions, as fitted data
- Review, comment and catalogue all relevant documentation throughout the installation, testing and commissioning and handover periods
- Provide the interface between FI and CPM project work activities and existing Business As Usual (BAU) operations.
- Ensure variation work do not proceed without authority and in accordance with contract control procedures.
- Maintain day to day liaison with the CS FI Team and CS CPM Team
- Review progress of work of Contractors against programme, advising the CS FI Team and/or CS CPM Team of any foreseen slippage due to existing BAU operations interface restrictions
- Take all reasonable steps to safeguard, maintain and take care of existing CS assets/systems and site(s)
- Physically inspect the work of FI and CPM project operatives for quality, progress and satisfactory completion and check progress at suitable intervals against programme and identify deviations therefrom
- Record items of impending delays likely to affect progress or give rise to a claim, establish reasons for delays and notify the CS FI and or CPM Teams accordingly
- Attend regular meetings and liaise with CS FI and CPM teams and maintain a log book to record all concerns relating to potential delays to aid the Project Risk Management log
- Attend site meetings, Teleconferences and provide detailed reports of site visits
- Check installation drawings, warrantees, contracts, commissioning and testing documentation, Operate & Maintenance manuals. Act as the focal point for all activities leading to the handover of the site to GBSS FI Operations (BAU)
- Attend and witness of testing on completion, including compliance with specifications, snagging and operational handing over and final site clearance
- Attend factory acceptance testing where requested to do so by the CS EMEA Regional FI Lead and ensure training is disseminated to the Operations teams
- Witness site based Scada/EMS/BMS integration and fire alarm cause and effect testing of the works as required
- Proactively resolve co-ordination issues with respect to other FM related building activities
- Provide assistance to the Operations teams (BAU) to scope out isolations and demarcation of construction task/site areas to comply with CDM requirements
- Provide oversight/review of Project Contractor Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) that affect the existing site infrastructure such as requests for energy isolation, system impairment, surveys or works of site demises outside of the project demise, integrated testing requirements, connections to existing system(s) providing Permit To Work (PTW) or Authority To Work (ATW) and the necessary isolations and Lock Out and Tag Out (LOTO) needs
- Carry out any other reasonable job responsibilities as directed by the CS EMEA Regional FI Lead.
- 18th Edition electrical regulations
- A strong and committed team player capable of prioritising and solving problems often under pressure, utilising innovative solutions. Must be well organised with good task management skills, who can communicate effectively (written & verbal) and be able to operate independently.
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Good administrative skills
- Well organised and good prioritisation and planning skills
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
- Strong Excel skills able to work to a medium competency level
- Experience in the use of CAFM systems for asset and works planning
- Knowledge and awareness of the facilities management industry
- Health & Safety qualification
- A minimum of five years post training experience.
- Previous experience working in a corporate Head office environment.
- Have a positive and proactive approach to work and able to work own initiative and as part of a large account team.
- Able to change work pattern at short notice to meet the requirements of the client and building.
- Performance & Delivery of Results
- People Management & Teamwork
- Effective Communications
- Flexibility & Enthusiasm
- Continuous Improvement & Managing Change
- Proactiveness, to Lead by Example
- Must be qualified and prepared to issue BAU ATW’s and PTW’s
- Must be qualified and prepared to isolate and/or impair site MEPFsystems
Key Additional Competencies:
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Creative Thinking and Innovation
Progression to Management
25 Days Holiday