Job description**Data Centre Shift Engineer – Harlow - £44K**
Hours – CONTINENTAL SHIFT
Our client who has built their reputation for over 40 years are looking for a Critical Data Centre Shift Engineer to join their Reactive and Planned Maintenance Team on a Data Centre Site based in Harlow. The successful candidate will be required to work a Continental Shift and will be rewarded with a £44K salary.
Overtime available and fantastic opportunities to progress within the company, this is an employer who prefers to invest heavily and promote from within. In this current climate our client can offer career stability, longevity, and career progression.
- To ensure site Electrical systems are operated and maintained to the required codes of practice and industry guidelines.
- Ensure the PPM's for the as built equipment is fully maintained and carried out in a high calibre and on time.
- To carry out day-to-day maintenance and reactive issues relating to all the electrical equipment and assets.
- Complete information and feed back to computer based systems particularly the PPM system.
- Carry out fault identification/rectification and escalation when required on heating, ventilation and air conditioning issues.
- Installation and modification of site electrical services.
- Maintain effective communication to the Shift Supervisor including plant status, plant isolation, issues arising, ongoing works and standards of housekeeping.
- Ensure any parts required are clearly and accurately stated and any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Shift Supervisor.
- Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
- Operation and trouble shooting for the following:
- Building Electrical Installation (associated panels, equipment, and circuits).
- Emergency lighting.
- Lighting Control system.
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Fire suppression and detection systems
- Air conditioning System, VAV, FCU's and Split Systems.
- AHU's, Variable speed drives.
- Heating system.
- Generators and controls.
- Single and three phase motors.
- UPS system and associated control systems.
- Operation of HV systems (training and familiarisation with this system will be made available).
- Previous experience in Building Services industry
- C&G qualified or equivalent in an electrical services/maintenance.
- 18th Edition IEE: Wiring & Installation competent
- HV Approved Person
- Confined Space entry trained. (Where required)
- Recognised training or apprenticeship
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular UPS, generators, static switches, water treatment, refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- First class Training
- Excellent People Culture
- Career Progression opportunities
- Overtime and Shift Cover at 1.5 and double time
- Private Healthcare