Job descriptionWe are currently looking to recruit a skilled handyperson / fabric maintenance engineer for a permanent / full time role at a prestigious commercial facility in the Blackpool area.
The role has a basic salary of 28-30k depending on skill level. Mon-Fri circa 40 hours per week days. Overtime available (on call TBC).
The successful candidate will be working alongside a team of engineers to ensure the highest standards of upkeep within the facility.
This is a hands-on role and main duties will be reactive/planned maintenance tasks across the site and small project works and installations to upgrade existing general building services and fabric.
Handyperson / Fabric Engineer duties to include:
· Carry out general fabric repairs and small works (painting, minor joinery, minor plumbing etc.)
· Carry out planned maintenance (fire alarm tests, emergency lighting tests, filter replacement etc.)
· First response to breakdowns (basic diagnostics to ensure correct trade/specialist mobilised)
· Organise and schedule reactive and planned maintenance
· Assist with internal & external regulatory compliance audits where required.
· Management & supervision of company and client appointed contractors
· Carry out point of work H&S assessments
· Review RAMS and authorise/issue permit to work
· Assist with projects, shutdowns etc.
· Liaise with tech/site services managers to ensure smooth running of site
· Drive improvements and energy saving measures
The ideal candidate:
· Fabric maintenance engineer with experience of working in large commercial properties, ideally with good plumbing or joinery skills
· Experience in managing contractors and H&S
· Self-motivation with the ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks
· Flexibility with working hours (some weekend work will be required)
· Problem solve under pressure and route cause analysis
· Good IT skills
· Ability to communicate clearly (with tech and non-tech people) both verbally and with reports
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.