Job descriptionAssistant Construction Manager, Wiltshire
Assistant Site Manager, Wiltshire
My client is a nationally recognised and specialist Data Centre Management and Build company, which due to additional build projects confirmed require an Assistant Construction Manager based in Wiltshire.
As the focus centres around Data Centre construction, refurbishment and fit-outs projects, my client is seeking an Assistant Site Manager / Construction Manager with a background in either civil, mechanical or electrical engineering. Whilst experience within the construction and fit-outs of Data Centres is ideal, it is not essential.
As Assistant Site Manager / Construction Manager you will be responsible for supporting or managing the Design and Construction of Data Centre offerings and associated infrastructure to the agreed budget and programme; including – procurement, budget allocation, design and supply chain management, delivery culture, contract admin, construction risk management, health and safety compliance and commissioning.
Areas of responsibility include but not limited to:
- Demonstrate budgetary and programme control over complex projects
- Quality: Ensuring site project works including internal and contractor works meet design specifications and are carried out according to quality management procedures
- Sets up and manages support functions covering planning, tracking, reporting, quality management and internal communication
- Assists in the management of design process from RIBA stage 3 onwards.
- Produces consolidated reporting to the Construction Manager / Head of Construction, including milestone summary, key issues, risks, benefits, summary of costs incurred.
- Reviews project activities for compliance with procedures and standards.
- Stakeholder management across all parties (Interface with Clients, Architects, Designers and Contractors) to ensure a high performing project management team
- Identification and notification of technical and commercial risks associated with site works
- Safety: Ensuring site project work is carried out according to safety policy and procedures.
This is a permanent position with a company who are market leading in their sector. They have a positive and collaborative culture throughout the organisation, and with employee engagement and career progression at the forefront. For more information or to apply for this opportunity please contact James Whicher